As a Fitness + Food Coach, Liz Barnet helps her clients understand that despite popular opinion, being healthy doesn't have to be hard.
Liz enables + encourages her busy clients to implement specific, sustainable changes that add up to big health benefits over time. Everyone has a unique set of goals, abilities, and limitations; Liz knows the key to achieving results is by implementing a customized strategy that is both effective + enjoyable.
Liz believes that by making fitness + food approachable, interesting + fun, clients are more motivated to commit and much more likely to succeed long term. She feels that in fitness, food and in life, it's all about the progress, not perfection.
Previously a Fitness Manager for the popular luxury health club chain Equinox, Liz is currently based in NYC + Northern New Jersey, and
works with clients locally + remotely. In addition to private fitness + food coaching, she instructs at two of Manhattan's premiere boutique fitness studios, SLT and Uplift Studios. Liz holds several fitness certifications + credentials, and is a graduate of both Boston College and the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
● Boston College, BA in English and Communications, Communications Honors
● Institute for Integrative Nutrition, Certified Holistic Health Coach (CHHC)
● American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP)
● American Council on Exercise, Certified Personal Trainer
● Aerobics and Fitness Association of America, Group Fitness Instructor
● Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher (200hr), Sonic Yoga Teacher Training
● Pilates Method Alliance certified Pilates Mat Instructor, PowerPilates
● Pilates Method Alliance certified Pilates Reformer Instructor, Smart Workout
● Pre + postnatal certified
● Kettlebell Athletics, Levels 1 + 2
● Additional certificates + methods: TRX, PowerPlate, TriggerPoint Therapy, SLT
(Lagree Method/megaformer), YogaWorks (barre, TRX, sculpt)
● American Heart Association CPR/AED certified
● Currently enrolled: Precision Nutrition Coaching